This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
which internet protocol version 4 coordinates should i use to get the best wifi connection on my laptop?
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM

As long as you don't conflict with another device (ie, use the same number), the IP address will not affect your wifi connection (Signal strength). If you're looking for better signal strength your best bet is to ensure you are on an unused channel. The typical wifi protocol used these days (802.11n) has about a dozen channels at 2.4 GHz. Without getting too technical, the basically means you want to avoid being on the same channel as one of your neighbors.
The trick is, how do you tell? You could go around and ask all of them, but that would be kind of creepy and most of them will have no clue what you're asking anyway. Smile The best tool I've found for this is an Android app called "WiFi Analyzer". It will show you a graph of the wifi signals in your area. Then you just set your router to one that isn't being used. Your laptop will automatically switch to match your router, so you don't have to worry about that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Ian - 04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
[] - Kazamm! - 04-08-2014 08:06 PM