This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I not allowed a phone, and any social networking sites?
04-08-2014, 08:29 PM

you ask if you're being childish? no i don't really think so. it is quite unfair of your mother. and the fact that your younger brother is allowed to do so is even more wrong to me. but by the sounds of it, you live with your mother and your brother with your father. so with a different guardian of course you cant expect the same rules.
but in these times if you don't have stuff like social media or a decent phone, you can easily be left out of the community, or lose friends cause they have all their communication online and you're not there.
i'm honestly not very familiar with situations like these, since i have a mom who will let me do most anything (as long as its not illegal and such), so i don't know of a good way to solve that problem. but you said that you could pay for it right? and the reason you didn't want your dad to get it is cause he cant afford it? well if that's the case, why not just give the money to your dad, and then let him buy it?
as for what to wish for, for your birthday, if it was me i would still wish for the phone (or whatever else you wish for, whatever that may be). whether you'll actually get it, i don't know. but if the alternative is wishing for something you don't want then i'd say that's a waste of good money. either i'd wish for what you want, or for money.
in the worst case scenario, you wont get a phone. and in that case, sooner or later you're gonna be an adult. and at that point you can get all the social media and phones you'd like. just have some patience.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Pablo Aguirre - 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
[] - Vamsi - 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM
[] - Natasha Lee - 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM
[] - Gin - 04-08-2014 08:29 PM
[] - Ted C - 04-08-2014, 08:36 PM
[] - thankfulConqueror228 - 04-08-2014, 08:44 PM
[] - Johny - 04-08-2014, 08:54 PM