This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Netgear Router Suddenly Doesn't Allow Youtube videos to load?
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Netgear Router Suddenly Doesn't Allow Youtube videos to load?
Hello,
About 1 week ago my youtube video's just stopped loading. I assumed it would eventually fix itself but it has not. I have not changed anything with my router or security. I called brighthouse today and they had me plug the ethernet cord directly into the computer. The videos then loaded fine. So it has to be something the router is doing. I did a factory reset on the router and it still will not load. It will also not let me download google chrome....which I thought was interesting. Almost like it has a block on google sites. I am able to view the youtube videos through free proxy websites. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this???

Thanks
Craig
I am not sure about the regional limitations. I am in the US, and the videos seem to be originating from US. I think they key to all this is when I bypass my router (use only the modem) it works fine, but when I use my router it block all computers...those on wifi and those directly connected. So it has to be a setting with the router. However, I have not done anything different with the router...and I did a factory reset today and it still doesn't play videos.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Netgear Router Suddenly Doesn't Allow Youtube videos to load? - Craig - 04-08-2014 08:06 PM
[] - Peter - 04-08-2014, 08:12 PM
[] - Shemariah - 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM
[] - Hetta - 04-08-2014, 08:18 PM