This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should employees be allowed to look at facebook, twitter, etc?
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

Hello

If you don't want other people to know about your private life, then don't post anything regarding your private life on the Internet. You might think the privacy settings will keep your information private, but what you probably don't realize is that you are using someone else's website, so this means you don't have 100% control over your account. I don't think your personal accounts are relavant to the company, so a company's main priority should not be to look inside your personal accounts. The company can ask to see what's inside your accounts, but you should have every right to refuse.

"But my problem would be if they asked for my username and password, where it crosses the line such as my personal messages."

It's your choice if you want the company to see what's inside your accounts. If you want, you can show the company what's inside your accounts, but what you should never do is give them your private accounts username, and password.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John - 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
[] - wyliesmom - 04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
[] - Fred F - 04-08-2014, 08:29 PM
[] - C C - 04-08-2014, 08:38 PM
[] - Franco - 04-08-2014 08:44 PM