This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From a copyright/protection standpoint, what places online are safe to post your photos?
04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
From a copyright/protection standpoint, what places online are safe to post your photos?
A quick question... As a professional photographer who obtains legitimate copyright paperwork for all of his photos, where are places online that are safe to post your photos without giving up the rights to them?

I just watched a KelbyOne class on copyright, and they go over how in the privacy policies of websites, you relinquish your rights to some photographs by uploading them to their site. Some sites, take 500px for example, says that you are the soul owner of your photographs. They will never distribute it on their own or sell it to others. But my question to you, what other sites are safe to post on?

The ones I am specifically interested in are Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Deviantart, Tumblr, and Flickr. But if you are aware of the policies of other sites too I would be open to that information as well!

I would say ill just go read the Privacy Policies myself, but in all honesty I have tried and legal-talk seems to be a little too hazy for me to fully comprehend what they are saying.

Thanks for your help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
From a copyright/protection standpoint, what places online are safe to post your photos? - Gavin Hornak - 04-08-2014 08:27 PM
[] - Kim - 04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
[] - Yeti - 04-08-2014, 08:31 PM