This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I redirect my current wordpress blog to another domain/blog?
04-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Can I redirect my current wordpress blog to another domain/blog?
I have been having some issue with my main domains directory (errors, 404 issues, etc.) I called my web hosting company several time and they seem to have no clue why I'm having so many issues. I have other add on domains and they work fine.

I was wondering if I could start over on a new domain. I hate to do this because I have been working on my blog for 2 years but I feel like I have no other option.

What I want to know is, Could I buy a new domain & just redirect my current domain name to the new domain name without SEO issues or anything.

For example: my blog url is http://www.newdomainname.com.

I would also add the same content and posts that are on my current domain. Would this cause a duplicate content issue?

Please help! I really want to save my blog, my Alexa rank is now in the 18,000,000 and last year I was in the top 100,000.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can I redirect my current wordpress blog to another domain/blog? - NickoleLove - 04-08-2014 08:56 PM
[] - endeliz - 04-08-2014, 09:04 PM
[] - Michael - 04-08-2014, 09:11 PM
[] - booker - 04-08-2014, 09:19 PM