This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the "value" of finding and eliminating a total duplicate site hosted under another domain?
04-08-2014, 08:57 PM
What's the "value" of finding and eliminating a total duplicate site hosted under another domain?
Hi there. I'm coming up to the 90-day mark in my new position. I'm trying to place a monetary value on the things that I've accomplished in my first 60 days.

One of the difficult figures to evaluate is the "price tag" of finding and eliminating a totally duplicated website (that was automatically updating every time the "real" one was updated) that had been active for approximately 2 years.

We're a real estate company in the very competitive (and populous) Jacksonville, FL Metro-Area. I have no trouble putting a value on the SEO content I created after that was fixed, but based on a 1.5 million person potential market and the penalties we were having from the search engines and the effect it had on our branding (our "other" site was getting better search engine performance than the one we were using on all of our marketing collateral), and so on, I hardly know where to begin. My role as Real Estate Marketing Coordinator is just 66 days old and no one has had any performance figures for me to compare against, so feel free to be general in your estimations. Any supporting links or experts are welcomed!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What's the "value" of finding and eliminating a total duplicate site hosted under another domain? - Jennifer G - 04-08-2014 08:57 PM
[] - Jake - 04-08-2014, 09:05 PM
[] - Hal Smith - 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM
[] - J - 04-08-2014, 09:23 PM
[] - Piyush - 04-08-2014, 09:26 PM