This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is wrong with me? Why am I a writer that can't stop writing and imagining? Why don't I leave my house?
04-08-2014, 09:12 PM

There may be nothing wrong with you. You are merely becoming a professional writer.

I am told actors are difficult to live with. Getting into character is a difficult process, and a strain to those emotionally close to the actor. Most actors do not mention these efforts, it may seem unprofessional. Besides, such talk may distract from the illusion the movie tries to project, in other words, dimming the experience. I am told writers go thru similar phases.

I think that such side effects of writing caught you by surprise, think something is wrong with you, and the idea is getting you depressed The solution is to go on with life as if everything were well. Yeah, it is an effort, but it should get easier with practice. Of course, you do need a form of counseling if you cannot get back to a normal routine after a reasonable time and effort.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Elaine M - 04-08-2014, 09:07 PM
[] - Neko - 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
[] - epistemology - 04-08-2014 09:12 PM