This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
imgur won't load?
04-08-2014, 09:31 PM
imgur won't load?
I noticed that just starting this morning, imgur pages weren't loading for me. At first I got a few pages where the CSS and images didn't load (giving me a page of bare text), now it just sits there forever waiting without loading anything. Before this morning it was working fine. I tried deleting my imgur.com cookies but that didn't help at all. I'm using Firefox, but I tried Internet Explorer and it exhibited the same behavior. Pinging the site works, so it doesn't seem to be a DNS problem.

No one else seems to have indicated they're encountering any problem, though. So if I'm the only one affected, why? And what can I do about it?
It stopped happening after a few days, I still don't know the original reason for it.

That said, a way that I found around it was to change every imgur link by replacing 'imgur.com' with 'filmot.com', which seems to be some sort of mirror. It might be a bit slower, but it works.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
imgur won't load? - green meklar - 04-08-2014 09:31 PM
[] - Crrider13 - 04-08-2014, 09:40 PM