This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I was blocked by my parents from our netgear router?
04-08-2014, 10:07 PM

I know of a few ways round this:

1) (preferred) Have you got a mobile phone that has internet capabilities? If so then most phones (especially smartphones) should have a way to turn their data connection into a wireless hotspot. Do that, and if you go over any limits, you'll have to tell your parents to let you back on through the router.
2) (less preferred) Most places around have some free wireless access points. I know that around my area, BT have "Openzone" access points where anyone can access the internet. It won't be a secure internet connection so you'll have to watch what you type.
3) (risky) are you able to get onto a device that can connect to the internet? If so go to your wireless router address (usually 192.168.0.1) and type in the router username and password(usually on the back of the router somewhere, or ith the papers that came with the router). Then you can go into the router settings and allow your iPad access.
Hope this works for you Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Seth - 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM
[] - Richard - 04-08-2014, 09:48 PM
[] - Anthony - 04-08-2014, 09:58 PM
[] - Princechromey - 04-08-2014 10:07 PM
[] - David - 04-08-2014, 10:10 PM