This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Craigslist/Ebay Scam?
04-09-2014, 06:31 AM
Craigslist/Ebay Scam?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer and have seen other folks ask the same question. But, I just wanted to post this for consumer's awareness... Scam or not?

Original Craigslist Post had a pontoon boat for sale in the DC Metro area for dirt cheap: $2,200. The ad said, "For more information and pictures, email: Ryan. Reynolds @ comcast...net.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/b...51623.html (I flagged this for removal.)

Here is the email correspondence I had with the guy:

Hi Ryan,
Could I receive more info and pics about the pontoon boat you listed on craigslist? I'm very interested.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/b...51623.html

Thanks,
-Sarah
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: Bass Buddy Pontoon

Hello,
I am selling this 2007 Sun Tracker Fishin Barge 21' Pontoon Mercury 4 Stroke 60 because my platoon has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before April 28. The pontoon is in great condition and runs great. THIS BOAT HAS A 2007 MERCURY 60 FOUR STROKE WITH ONLY 80 HOURS.
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad US $2200. The pontoon is in Lexington, KY, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
More pictures available here: http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/2007SU...E/library/

Thanks,
-Sarah
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: Bass Buddy Pontoon

Right now I`m in a military base. we are getting ready for Afghanistan. I don`t have my cell with me. We`ll have to stick to email
for now as this is the only way I can communicate.
I will ship it with DAS and will be there in 3 working days. The asking price is $2200.00 shipping included.
Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like eBay, using their
Business Purchase Protection Program.
If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping
address. I will forward your info to ebay and they will send you all the details needed to close this deal.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you

Thanks,
-Sarah

Please note that I smelled a scam the very first email and wanted to see if there was actual, follow-through. “Ryan” has not since emailed me back. Scam or not?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Craigslist/Ebay Scam? - Y - 04-09-2014 06:31 AM
[] - Wayne Z - 04-09-2014, 06:35 AM
[] - Kittysue - 04-09-2014, 06:41 AM
[] - CEO Mauro Santos - 04-09-2014, 06:46 AM
[] - 234 - 04-09-2014, 06:53 AM