This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Principal invading privacy and looking at students facebook pages.?
04-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Principal invading privacy and looking at students facebook pages.?
The principal of Knippa ISD when he takes up an ipod or cell from students will go through their messages and images. Our neighbors daughter had her cell taken up and the principal went through the whole thing then grilled her about it. Since then she now has it pass coded. ( too clarify electronic devices are allowed at school as long as they are not in use during school hours) My own daughter had a cell taken up and the principal did the exact same thing, but when I went too discuss it with him he also had my daughters facebook page pulled up behind his desk going through her email and pictures. He had grilled her for the password and freely admitted this and that he had been reading her messages. I know for a fact teenagers have questionable content on their phones and the fact the principal apparently knows this and chooses too continue too look at them disturbs me. I would go over his head but he is not only the principal but also the superintendent. As a parent I constantly check my childrens phones and facebook pages but this is not the principals right. ( and as of now my daughter is restricted from any electronic media except a tin can and string)
( I understand it is a public domain that's not the issue the issue is he made my daughter give him her personal password too go through her page and spent the day reading her messages) She was in trouble for using her cell not being on Facebook.
( I could understand looking too see if they were cheating that's understandable but when he looks at images of my daughter and actually goes through their pictures that's cause for concern)
The question was basically what too do about this. He is also the superintendent. Only other option is the school board. The local police have been involved but they say their hands are tied because of the student handbook ( which in no way mentions the principal has any right too look through personal information) just that the devices will be taken up. The officer actually told me it wasn't right and other parents have voiced their concerns.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Principal invading privacy and looking at students facebook pages.? - Amber - 04-09-2014 09:37 AM
[] - Poppy - 04-09-2014, 09:44 AM
[] - Grizzly - 04-09-2014, 09:46 AM
[] - N T - 04-09-2014, 09:55 AM
[] - sabrina - 04-09-2014, 10:08 AM
[] - misha999 - 04-09-2014, 10:23 AM
[] - Papa Lazarous - 04-09-2014, 10:26 AM