This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Martial artists, MMA, Boxers etc. Have you created any hybrid martial art?
04-10-2014, 02:35 AM

No, never. I would not be so presumptuous and arrogant as to think that I am good enough to create something better than what I have trained in.
However, if you do train in several martial arts some moves tend to be similar and you never use just the one style or the other. So for example when I took my test for my next rank in Aiki I slipped a Shaolin Kung Fu technique. It worked and was close enough to the Aiki technique, only one of the guys testing me noticed and only because he knew I also did Shaolin Kung Fu. My Shaolin Kung Fu teacher razes me regularly about taking my Karate and Chen Taiji and putting it into my Kung Fu but I think he mostly does that to tease me. So yes, once you learned something especially if it has become muscle memory it will show here and there and you also move differently as all martial arts styles have their own characteristic of how they move and flow if you do them correctly and bother to learn how they move and not just learn the separate beginner 'how to hit hard' techniques.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Riley - 04-10-2014, 02:23 AM
[] - LIONDANCER - 04-10-2014 02:35 AM
[] - Chris - 04-10-2014, 02:48 AM
[] - Another - 04-10-2014, 02:50 AM
[] - John - 04-10-2014, 02:54 AM
[] - judomofo - 04-10-2014, 03:03 AM
[] - RawMartialArts - 04-10-2014, 03:14 AM