This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it better to have similar or different keywords on different pages of a website?
04-11-2014, 12:16 AM
Is it better to have similar or different keywords on different pages of a website?
I am working on updating the keywords on my company's website, and I am getting different, conflicting advice from different people.

One person suggests that I should have similar keywords on most of my pages, in order to strengthen my position with the keyword.

Another person told me that I should have as many different keywords on as many different pages as possible, in order to get a wider audience.

This is a small business website, and I am trying to boost traffic. How should I proceed, and which advice should I listen to? (Or should I ignore both of them and do something completely different?)

Any advice would be welcome. Just don't suggest going to a SEO firm.
I have already been making informative blog posts to supplement the store, but I have had almost zero traffic on them. These ranged from How-To posts about some of our products to helpful tips within the field.

I already used the Google webmaster tool to mark them as articles.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is it better to have similar or different keywords on different pages of a website? - ali - 04-11-2014 12:16 AM
[] - Jake - 04-11-2014, 12:29 AM
[] - Peter Nikolow - 04-11-2014, 12:45 AM
[] - Mandingo - 04-11-2014, 12:50 AM
[] - Mainak - 04-11-2014, 12:59 AM
[] - Jony - 04-11-2014, 01:03 AM
[] - Tammy - 04-11-2014, 01:13 AM