This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think one day landlines will become obsolete?
04-11-2014, 07:26 AM

Geez, I hope landlines stick around for a while. A lot of places, including where I live in the hills, either don't have cell reception or have really poor cell reception. Phone via internet has been around for years. What about people who can't afford to connect to the internet via optical fiber or not at all? The less expensive ISPs use the old copper wire phone system that isn't reliable. From experience, I can tell you that during natural disasters, landlines may overload but they still work. If my house catches fire or for some other reason I need emergency services, I like the idea of being able to call and have my address automatically show up on the dispatcher's screen. Bottom line: at the moment, landlines are less expensive and a lot more reliable than cell phones or via internet where your connection depends on both the phone or cable company often along with a third party ISP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Post Girl - 04-11-2014, 07:13 AM
[] - Mujer Alta - 04-11-2014 07:26 AM