This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Opening a small business?
04-13-2014, 06:05 AM

I will tell you about how to start a business, but first.....

As an engineering college grad now doing my Masters. EVERY SUBJECT I LEARNED IN SCHOOL is needed in real life work. I feel like my current job is a copy of my junior and senior year and I occasionally use subject material and knowledge from freshman and sophomore classes. I had to use differential equations and integrals to figure out an HVAC and plumbing design to get the proper amount of air/water to all parts of the building.With $50,000+ per year salary, I paid off $30,000 in student loans in 2 years. So now I am done with student loans and I am about to buy a house and a new car. They are actually talking about implementing more Non-Engineering classes in engineering majors since they are important as well.

Student loans are not a burden if you pay it off fast, which is easy to do with a full time professional job, especially if you live with your parents for a year rent-free.

Automotive Engineering is a major offered in some college's in Michigan, Ohio, and California where they teach you about engines, transmissions, suspensions, safety, DOT laws, aerodynamics, electrical systems, and more.

Hands on jobs are typically the jobs you get from studying at 2 year technical schools with certifications. Electrician, Machinist, HVAC Technician, other technician, Mechanic.

Back to Small Business.
You need to write a business plan if you want any funding or backing from an investor or a bank. This is usually 30-200 pages long depending on the size and factors of the business.
You need to get a loan to rent out or purchase a store. You need to contact a brand marketing brand like keymedium.com or brandmavericks to do your website, search optimization in Yahoo and Google, and marketing on social media to get your company name out there.
You need to apply for an EIN number to make the business official. EIN comes from the IRS so you pay taxes on the money your business makes.
This is just the start. There is so much more to do. I suggest studying Entrepreneurship in college. It is a college major that teaches you how to start a successful business. This is not an easy thing to do.

Good Luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Opening a small business? - DrizzyLove - 04-13-2014, 05:11 AM
[] - arunan - 04-13-2014, 05:25 AM
[] - Henry - 04-13-2014, 05:35 AM
[] - mrreliable3599 - 04-13-2014, 05:43 AM
[] - Steve Burgess - 04-13-2014, 05:53 AM
[] - shipwreck - 04-13-2014, 05:54 AM
[] - C7S - 04-13-2014 06:05 AM
[] - kemperk - 04-13-2014, 06:09 AM