This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does this guy have a self-confidence problem?
04-13-2014, 05:41 AM

The only way you can really know for sure is by talking to him more. There are a few red flags there. I agree that if he's posting shirtless pics on Facebook, he's obviously not ashamed of his body. But maybe he's doing that because he feels his body is the main thing he has going for him - I see girls do this all the time, post bikini pictures to get attention because they feel like that's all they have to offer. They thrive on the compliments that people give them on these pictures, because their confidence levels are really just so low that they need that to feel good.

Really, it's up to you whether you end up dating him or not. He seems pretty intense, talking about what kind of guy your parents would want you to bring home when you guys haven't even met in person yet. It's up to you if that's what you want. It's possible that he's a completely harmless good guy and just really, really likes everything he has seen of you, but it's also possible that he could be controlling or even stalker material.

At the end of the day, I think how he treats you is what's important. You say you have low self-confidence too - maybe you two would end up helping each other and building each other up. As long as he compliments you and makes you feel good about yourself, and doesn't cut you down to build himself up, I think that might actually work.

But there's also the worst case scenario, if you start a relationship with him, where his lack of confidence will make him suspicious of you and paranoid about you with other men, and he'll give you a hard time every time he even sees you talking to another guy.

Really, it's your call. Just be cautious if you do decide to meet him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - American Hindu - 04-13-2014, 05:14 AM
[] - Antst - 04-13-2014, 05:25 AM
[] - Jackie - 04-13-2014 05:41 AM
[] - Common Sense - 04-13-2014, 05:42 AM
[] - seamstress - 04-13-2014, 05:44 AM