This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good internet speed for netflix and gaming?
04-14-2014, 09:57 PM
What is a good internet speed for netflix and gaming?
I am researching different internet options, unfortunately most do not service my area. There is ONE provider besides satellite, and they are not very reliable, HOWEVER, they offer up to 24mbps speeds. Well. They told me I could only get 12mbps, we set up an installation date, and when I called to confirm the date, they said "oh, well, we cancelled that date because the engineers are seeing what speeds you can get in that area and we dont know how long that will take." Would have been nice of them to tell me that. SO I've been researching other options and the only other ones I MIGHT be able to get are satellite. For what I would pay for the 12mbps through the other company, I could get: 5mbps download speed, 1mbps upload speed, 5 GB anytime data, 5 GB bonus data. Would that be enough to run netflix (nigh on constantly) and play online games on a PS3 and computer?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What is a good internet speed for netflix and gaming? - Rioichi - 04-14-2014 09:57 PM
[] - 409 - 04-14-2014, 10:11 PM
[] - John - 04-14-2014, 10:14 PM
[] - Matthew - 04-14-2014, 10:31 PM