This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Selling things on EBay...?
04-16-2014, 09:30 AM

eBay is a value-added venue for people to sell their items. You pay for their service in the form of a percentage of fees based on the selling price and shipping cost of the item. You also pay a fee to accept the required PayPal payment. All said and done, figure an average of 15% of the gross sale to go to eBay and PayPal. Yes there are links I could add that break down the fees, but they are complex and we are going for a basic grasp of the system.

What eBay has to offer over Craigslist is wide exposure. If you are in a major city with a strong economy, you may be fine with Craigslist. However when I look at Craigslist I laugh at the over-priced items listed by dreamers and at the same time can't give items away that I have listed there.

Selling on Craigslist with the intent to ship is a bad idea due to the number of scammers. Nearly all transactions through Craigslist that are not in person are scams.

So if you are selling a "widget" and can get $20 on Craigslist or $100 less 15%, or $85 on eBay - which would you do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Selling things on EBay...? - Nicole - 04-16-2014, 09:15 AM
[] - Jim - 04-16-2014, 09:26 AM
[] - Alan - 04-16-2014 09:30 AM
[] - Flower - 04-16-2014, 09:46 AM