This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my 'bestie' acting like this? shes changed since we started highschool!?
04-17-2014, 02:59 AM

As her friend, you're not living up to her 'new' expectations. Like she said, she thinks of you as embarrassing and wants to hang out with 'better' looking people. Meaning, she's seeking to be popular. She, thinks there's some higher level of socializing and status that she can achieve if only she'd distance away from you and try new elements.

What this really sounds like is peer pressure. She's in a very new environment and high school is often very overrated and overly hyped up, especially in TV shows. Sometimes being in a new place or situation WILL change people.

In my opinion, I honestly wouldn't bother with her at all. You have already tried getting through to her a couple of times and it's not working. This is not your problem to fix, it's hers. SHE should be the one doing all the patching up. And if she can't respect you and instead takes you for granted and all of the sudden sees you as insignificant, then she has no right to be in your life as a friend. Love yourself and respect yourself enough to stop and say "'this isn't right, I don't deserve this." I don't really care how long the friendship has last. Once that friend gets out of line, it's no longer an excuse and just because she's a friend does not mean you have to put up with it.

Branch off for now and be with your other friends or make new friends. Maybe once she finds out that reality is tough to avoid, she might come back, but if she does, you set her straight and tell her to never treat you that way again.

***EDIT***
I'm not sure what you want me or others to say. The only thing I can suggest is to just wait it out. But you're also disrespecting yourself by allowing her to mistreat you like this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Mikki - 04-17-2014, 02:56 AM
[] - 880 - 04-17-2014 02:59 AM
[] - XxVerXx - 04-17-2014, 03:14 AM
[] - olivia - 04-17-2014, 03:26 AM
[] - HeyThere - 04-17-2014, 03:29 AM
[] - Linda Ken - 04-17-2014, 03:36 AM