This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do some people think that their popularity and acceptance is measured by the number of Facebook friends?
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Why do some people think that their popularity and acceptance is measured by the number of Facebook friends?
I do have a Facebook page, but I never use it. So far in 2012, I've made 5 posts on Facebook, and I haven't a singlea photo in over 2 years (that doesn't stop other people from tagging me on group pictures.)

I'm actually proud that I haven't been sucked into the Facebook craze.

It never seizes to amaze me that some people actually (not jokingly) have told me that I must have a sad life for what they can see on my Facebook page. Sometimes I think people are joking, then I get shocked to realize that they truly believe that because I don't have many Facebook friends, and there's no activity on my Facebook page, I must have a sad life.

It takes me a few moments to process the the fact that they really think that a Facebook page somehow measures the life and happiness of a person?

These people seem the objects of my jokes, but there's actually quite a bit of people like these.

What's wrong with them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why do some people think that their popularity and acceptance is measured by the number of Facebook friends? - Swimmer899 - 10-15-2012 08:59 PM
[] - Alice - 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
[] - Nikki - 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
[] - Stephanie - 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
[] - Pie - 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
[] - Fairbanks - 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM