This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are some parents strict over dumb stuff?
04-19-2014, 11:57 PM

Parents want what is best for their child. They have the experience and maturity to know the outcomes of certain choices. They are able to look at situations from another perspective.

A thong is disgusting, and it is not for children. While it may get rid of panty lines, it is used for other reasons. There is also very little reason for a child to be wearing anything so tight that they need to get rid of panty lines.

Bedtimes are based on the needs of the child. Some children are early risers and need to be in bed earlier to get more sleep. Other children will go to bed late and then sleep all day. Good sleep habits should be instilled early in life. I wish my mother would have made me practice better sleep habits as a child, if she did I may not have the sleep disorders I do today. My children go to bed early b/c I know the consequences of not.

Going out is not a necessity. There are plenty of ways to have fun that do not involved going out at night, etc. Being young is not a protection against the bad consequences that occur from children/teenagers making poor decisions that they are not able to understand fully. The worries and stress are still there, but children do not possess the life experience to understand or recognize them.

I am not a fan of punishing for bad grades, but a parent should expect their child to do well in school. If the child is struggling then they should spend more time working on it. They either need to study more, or have tutors helping them during their free time. Again a child is not able to fully understand the consequences of doing poorly in school. They really cannot fully fathom how their time in school prepared them for getting into college, and their time in college and how well they do prepares them for a job, which is essential for more people to live. Its a difference between living paycheck to paycheck with a rotten job, and living comfortably.

Children do not need cell phones, in fact most adults do not need one either. Children often use the excuse that they need them to get in touch with parents, but most of the use is for music, internet surfing, texting friends, etc. That is not a need, it is a want. A cheap phone that dials out is all that is really needed for a child that uses it to get in touch with parents, yet you see plenty of children with iphones, unlimited texting, data plans, etc on the phones. Children do not do anything important enough to need an expensive phone, they simply want an expensive phone.

You are not talking about strict parenting, you are talking about parenting. A parents job is to make decisions that are best for their children.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jeff - 04-19-2014, 10:56 PM
[] - Linda R - 04-19-2014, 11:09 PM
[] - zingerrr - 04-19-2014, 11:21 PM
[] - DDD - 04-19-2014, 11:30 PM
[] - Starlight_89rm - 04-19-2014, 11:43 PM
[] - Cool person - 04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
[] - Total Ramaisland - 04-19-2014, 11:55 PM
[] - Prodigy556 - 04-19-2014 11:57 PM
[] - Trixiebelle - 04-20-2014, 12:10 AM