This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would getting more GB on my i phone make my I phone act normal again??(SEE DETAILS) (PLEASE HELP!? 10 PTS)?
04-22-2014, 09:38 AM

Nada. You cannot add any more gb's to an iPhone. They are locked and sealed and don't work the way Androids do. If you have a 16gb phone in reality all you have is about 13.5 to store things. iOS 7.1 takes at least 1.2gb to install--not that it will take that much space permanently. It needs that much breathing room to work to update.
The only way is for you to 'move' your pics to a PC/Mac, do the update and then put some of them back.
Connect the phone to a computer like you're turning on iTunes--just don't go into iTunes.
See the window below as example.
Select import pictures and move all of them so that you have a back up on your local hard drive.
Choose a file to store all of them in so you can get them back on later.
Check the box to 'delete when transferred'.
Transfer them--it will take some time. Make sure they are deleted from phone too.
Double check they are in the file where you sent them before you disconnect the cord.

Do iOS upgrade then plug phone into iTunes.
Go under photos and tell iTunes to copy the moved photos back onto iPhone--usually have to put a check by the file folder name.
Don't put all of them back on there or you will still have zero gb and no room. Try deleting a bunch of apps you don't need or use either to help. Try to keep almost a gb of free space on phone if you can so it can function properly.
Best luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Herca - 04-22-2014, 09:29 AM
[] - Hugo_Draxx - 04-22-2014 09:38 AM
[] - Melissa Louise - 04-22-2014, 09:44 AM