This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet problem Local Only access problem?
04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Internet problem Local Only access problem?
I have an older Gateway model GM5664 with Vista. I can't access the server. I have local only/unidentified network connections. I've tried on explorer and firefox. I can connect on my netbook so my ethernet cable and modem are working fine. I have tried restarting my computer and reinstalling my drivers. Under device manager it gives a yellow exclamation point under network adapter. I looked inside my computer and i dont have a pci card, just a small metal box that connects with 2 other ports that is glued into the mainboard. I ran virus scans twice, nothing. In my CMD black box under admin, I tried "ipconfig/renew" and got an error that said, "unable to contact DHCP server". I even ran a "netsh winsock reset and netsh int ipv4 reset" and it didn't work. I looked in the local only properties and it says i need to load something called SymIMV.sys, not sure if this is connected to the internet connection problem. I can't afford a new computer, so I am up for suggestions. Can anyone help?
I uninstalled the network drivers and went to gateway's website and downloaded the drivers. I added them to my c drive, went back into device manager and added a new adapter as add legacy hardware. I tried updating my drivers but it only says its already updated. I'm not sure I updated them correctly.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Internet problem Local Only access problem? - spikefan74 - 04-22-2014 01:40 PM
[] - Jerryfromstatefarm - 04-22-2014, 01:49 PM