This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I Have Celiac Disease?
04-23-2014, 04:09 AM

Hi Savanna. I'm really sorry you are having all of these problems. At your age you should be enjoying your life, not worrying about health issues.

Much of what you describe can be caused by Celiac disease and the fact that it runs in your family is a good indicator that this could be your problem. I'm actually quite surprised your doctor hasn't tested for this given your family history. I'm much older than you and over the course of my lifetime have had most of the symptoms you describe...but not all at once.

Keep in mind though that false negatives on the Celiac test are very common, so even if the test comes back negative you may still have it. I would suggest asking your doctor for the test. You do need to have gluten in your system for the test to work. That's why some people just choose to go gluten free without the testing. They are in so much discomfort that they don't want to wait. Regardless, if you do get the test, try going gluten free afterward, regardless of the result of the test.

What you describe definitely sounds auto-immune. Diabetes can cause circulation and vision issues as well as issues with hydration. Also diabetics don't heal well so if you get cuts or sores it may take longer than normal for them to heal.

All the best Savanna. I hope you get this resolved soon so you can get in with being a young woman!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do I Have Celiac Disease? - Savanna - 04-23-2014, 03:35 AM
[] - Jonah - 04-23-2014, 03:50 AM
[] - Charles - 04-23-2014, 03:53 AM
[] - Shauna - 04-23-2014, 04:04 AM
[] - Patricia - 04-23-2014 04:09 AM