This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I add a simple custom filter to adblock plus? step by step?
04-23-2014, 11:36 PM
How do I add a simple custom filter to adblock plus? step by step?
Click on the ABP icon > Filter preferences > Custom Filters > Add filter group > right click on the new filter > Show/hide filters > right click on the empty filter > Edit > insert here the desired filter, for example:
||viglink.com^$third-party

A tutorial rather than a question. Since rarely using these, and when searching for the way to add simple custom filter I get presented with long tutorials that try to teach me the inner workings of ABP instead of just getting me to add the filter I already found. Or forums of experts way past this simple level exchanging ideas on how to improve the filtering, but no instructions on how to add a simple custom filter.

While it all may be somewhat intuitive, it is still frustrating when all I want to do is add a simple filter and have not done that in the past. That's why this tutorial, so future searches bring this up instead of the less helpful ones, sparing a bit of stress from my fellow humans.
Now, it would be appreciated if someone comments/answers this, so the question won't be deleted on yahoo answers.

Cheers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I add a simple custom filter to adblock plus? step by step? - virtualban - 04-23-2014 11:36 PM
[] - Dominic - 04-23-2014, 11:44 PM