This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your opinions on this equine photography?
10-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Considering your just starting it's pretty good. I like to do photography on animals, though I generally find taking pictures without a filter is the best way to go, then use Photoshop to change them up, make them gray scale or whatever it is you want, I find using curves is a good way of making them look more classy that added with gray scale is a common and generally well liked style. You can also use a brush to touch up (airbrush) areas of a photograph which are not particularly attractive.

A good example is the picture with the power(?) tower in the background, if you were to use the curve to bring down the colour and touch it up slightly, blur the edges and remove the tower that would be a really nice picture, the same goes for the picture of the girl on the brown horse in the field, if you touched it up slightly it would be really nice.

Another thing that is common is to do is blur the area around the "subject" which should usually be in the middle of the screen. These types of photographs should always be level unless asked otherwise by the customer, and if you want you could use Photoshop to make them level if you wanted. Photoshop is pretty easy to use to manipulate pictures and can be bought pretty cheap from online or a store.

If you need an example I could do one for you and send it to you.

Oh and I really like that picture of the horses face on an angle on your Facebook page, so cute! ^,^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Sarah - 10-15-2012, 09:11 PM
[] - Clare - 10-15-2012, 09:11 PM
[] - Snezzy - 10-15-2012, 09:11 PM
[] - CanadianCowgirl - 10-15-2012, 09:11 PM
[] - SmileBeHappy - 10-15-2012 09:11 PM