This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i find out if my hotel router blocked me?
04-27-2014, 11:29 PM
How do i find out if my hotel router blocked me?
I run into this at times, different scenarios, however this is what i'm dealing with right now. I'm on windows 7.

two 802.11g routers on the fourth floor, and 1 router above me. What's going on, is that after about 5-10 mins the yellow triangle pops up over the "bars" icon. i right click it, and it says that i'm connected to 4th floor/1 network, but w/ limited internet access. i change to 4th floor/2, and then try to change to 5th floor. i can't even connect to the 5th floor at all.

all of the hotel's access points are unsecured, w/ no pass needed. furthermore, each of the router's go to what i'm assumeing is a larger router in the main office on the 1st floor.

here's a few additional details. i've been useing this network for about a month over now, and throught these 30 days, i've been able to connect, however certian apps will disconect, such as steam, gmail, while others remain connected. also when useing proxies/tor browser/vpns, sfor a quick login, upload/download/logout, my connection/apps will disconect w/ other apps still connected.

also, my phone's going through the same crap as well, although i Rarely EVER use it online, it's an easily identifiable phone if a staff member decided he/she did want me in the router, ie, can see it's a nexus, or see that the phone, and my laptop both connect to the same urls.

What's going on here? What can i do? is there someone in the hotel staff that's blocking my computer? how can i find out? Is it something w/ my win7 config?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do i find out if my hotel router blocked me? - hyp+ s - 04-27-2014 11:29 PM
[] - David E - 04-27-2014, 11:35 PM