This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need your advice about transferring to an out of state college?
04-28-2014, 12:40 AM
I need your advice about transferring to an out of state college?
I am finishing up my last semester at a community college and have sent out a few applications, so far Stony Brook University in New York is the only school that has been consistent with me, they have accepted my application and now I am getting really nervous and need your advice.

I have lived in CA all my life, have a decent amount of money saved to make this transition, and due to my current living situation it is extremely important for me to take an opportunity like this.

But I am starting to get second thoughts, I believe out of fear. I do not come from a privileged family and honestly I'm just freaking out because I don't know anyone in New York. I'm just getting really stressed out thinking like as soon as I get there I'm going to get murdered, run out of money and be homeless.

How should I go about transferring out of state? Am I overreacting? What is the likelihood of receiving on campus housing? Is a Stafford loan enough to cover the expenses? How many loans do I need to take out?
I have also applied to Texas and Organ but I haven't heard anything from them at all yet

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I need your advice about transferring to an out of state college? - Rosa - 04-28-2014 12:40 AM
[] - Corey Y - 04-28-2014, 12:42 AM
[] - Rob - 04-28-2014, 12:43 AM