This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet connection randomly drops and comes back...?
04-28-2014, 04:09 AM
Internet connection randomly drops and comes back...?
Hi guys! So for the past few months my internet would randomly drop at random times. It may happen 4 times a day it may happen 1 time a day. But it happens atleast once a day. And it's been doing this for months. By the way this is all wireless connection. And I'm with the ISP, Charter Communications.

So, when this happens I still stay connected to my router! But just lose the internet for a few seconds to a few minutes. It will say connected to (router name) limited access. No internet connection. Then I would reset my wireless adapter and it would work again.

I did a ping test and have 0% packet loss, 19ms ping, 3ms jitter.

I've tried so many things to fix this:
- I went out and bought a new router.
- I bought a new wireless adapter
- I replaced the internet modem
- I tried a wired connection (Still disconnects randomly)

I'm stuck on what I do next. Since I play a lot of online games and talk to a lot of friends through skype it gets annoying getting disconnected all the time. (I feel like I'm losing internet connection more when I'm in skype with my friends. I don't know if this is important.)

I know this is a lot to read and maybe hard to fix. But if anyone has a clue why this is happening it would mean a lot to me if there is anyway to fix it! Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Internet connection randomly drops and comes back...? - Hayden - 04-28-2014 04:09 AM
[] - Problem Solved - 04-28-2014, 04:13 AM