This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help with overprotective parents?
04-28-2014, 11:00 AM
I need help with overprotective parents?
I feel like a bad daughter for saying this via internet but i really need help. I am 15 years old (16 in october) and it has been over 9 years since i hung out with a friend. I am currently homeschool through online due to social anxiety. I have social anxiety because my parents kind of sheltered me my whole life and i just never really learned to have friends. I was in public school up until a month into my sophomore year this year.

Ever since i was little my father would find things to nit pick about my friends, making up excuses for me not to do things with them. They will not let me have any social media because my father believes it will turn me into a bad child. In the eighth grade i went to the spring fling and my dad flipped a lid because he realized that since i went to a public school there would be boys there. My dad sometimes makes comments that if i did have friends i'd be a trouble child yet hes embarrassed that i don't have friends.

I asked to have a facebook about 2 years ago and my dad yelled for about a week. My mom sort of feels that i could have one but my dad stops it. I had one in the 6th grade (they let me) but someone called me a name and they made me delete it. My dad is the more overprotective one but my mom just agrees with him and leaves it at that.

I told my mom today what i just explained, that they are way too overprotective and she yelled at me that they have never stopped me from having friends. She says they push me to hangout with people and such but really they dont.

Datings a whole other thing. My mom has always said sixteen but now that im 145 she kind of has backed away from it like she wants me to wait longer. I dont understand why shes so hesitant like hello i havent went out with friends in like 9 years, what makes you think someone would want to go out on a date with me? Anyways, my dad i think wouldnt allow me.

I understand that they did things when they were my age but theyre a little too overprotective. I know to make good choices but hey just dont trust me. Im an only child so idk if that may contribute.

i havent done anything to make them not trust me but i would just like a little bit of freedom. Again, i am not trying to bash my parents i just need help. Thank you very much.
15 not 145

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I need help with overprotective parents? - Ramsey - 04-28-2014 11:00 AM
[] - shannon - 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
[] - February - 04-28-2014, 11:11 AM
[] - Zoe - 04-28-2014, 11:14 AM