This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few questions about photography?
10-15-2012, 09:23 PM

LOL:
"I have over 5000 pictures on facebook"
"I've only done my nephew's pictures"
"I need help"
i think you're adorable, really!

i love how enthusiastic you are, and how you found out that you'll need to learn photoshopping being 14 years old! i don't think your pictures are good, but hey: you're a child, and you're obviously willing to learn and get better! and right now you have all the time in the world!

so you're right: photography is not easy. it's easy to take a picture. but photography is different!
and about starting: yea, find some of your girllfriends and start to have fun! don't rely on the very pretty ones, because this will lead you into doing only goodlooking girls instead of doing good looking photos! because shooting a cute girl will make any picture cute. what you need is a great photo of a random person. random! when you'll shoot a serious portrait for a customer one day (who know how soon this will happen) you'll not be able to choos who to shoot. you'll just have to deal with whoever comes and pays you! you'll evan have to adapt to some situations like when the client wants to be shot exclusively on some location, or with a certain set of clothes or whatever!

USE THE TIME that you've got, being only 14 years old! use it wisely, and don't rush anything! don't show your pictures only on facebook or so! your mom, your friends, the boys in your school: they'll all tell you how good you are, because they don't want to hurt you! i tell you that you're not good (yet), and it's better to hear a bad truth than a beautiful lie, right? don't even ask the people around you. you can't blame them for telling you how good you are! motivation is great, but always consult people who really know about photography! it's an art, but it's also a profession, and not a game you play with your girlfriends!

i honestly believe you know all that, but there i said it!

then, learn to take FEW pictures, but take MORE TIME for each picture. after some time you will learn what it means to choose! choose the right angle, perspective, crop, colors, efects, lens, whatever! everything you CAN choose doing a photo has a certain affect to the people who see your photo. if this weren't the case, it would only be important to shoot beautiful things. but you wanna shoot all things beautifully! that's the difference between you now, and you in the future!

have a nice trip!
see you in the land of light and shadow!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Perki88 - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
[] - fhotoace - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
[] - Ara57 - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
[] - deep blue2 - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
[] - VanReitgen - 10-15-2012 09:23 PM
[] - Nathan B - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
[] - nomnomcarrotts - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
[] - Eric Lefebvre - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
[] - andy w - 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM