This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does your shelter advertise/market their animals successfully?
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
How does your shelter advertise/market their animals successfully?
I find a debate that comes up is people say not to list animals on craigslist-- not even for a nominal fee or for the cost of shots (to discourage bunchers/fighters/freebie people). I don't find that unreasonable and am inclined to agree with this. However, a shelter here has been posting their dogs and it's working! I'm impressed and it has changed my mind. Do you think it's a good idea for shelters to post their dogs? Does your shelter? What is the outcome?

Also, what other sites / methods have they used? My friend lives in an area they do basically no marketing of the dogs and consiquently whether it be indirectly or directly related their adoptions are very poor.

Does pages like myspace/twitter/facebook really help any?

Thanks.
Lol Aussie, DS seems to have a lot.
Chetco: That really sounds like a great idea about the mall.

Aussie: Ours do the pictures, but they rarely write anything interesting. It's usually "so cute. so perfect. female. spayed." Lol ours could use some good writers!
Chetco: Do you think if I offered to post animals on Craigslist for some local shelters (besides the one that does) do you think they would be ok with it?
Lorraine: Darn, that's a shame to not have any great people come through the sites. The thing about the shelter dogs is that my friends and most that I know don't do any sort of home check, follow up, or even spend much much effort in matching the "right" dog to the "right" owner. So... I wouldn't want to encourage bad owners to adopt, as we wouldn't have the screening power that a rescue would.
Thanks Aussie. that was a good listing. it seemed honest and informative.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How does your shelter advertise/market their animals successfully? - Foon - 10-15-2012 09:15 PM
[] - Cookie - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - Annie - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - Aussie - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - Carl Stevens - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - Chetco - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - Lorraine - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - scrutsmom - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - sickbxy - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - Frecks26 - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
[] - purringbasketball778 - 10-15-2012, 09:24 PM