This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I a loser if I don't have a phone?
04-28-2014, 05:45 PM

Am I a loser if I don't have a phone?

Well, to be honest, you are not loser for not having the phone, but wondering if you are a loser because you don`t have a phone, might make you a loser. However, because you are 13 and in the peer pressure, trying to fit in zone, it is understandable.

Most kids love their phones, but it is more about keeping in touch, gossiping, chatting, and feeling like a member of the group.

You seem to want a phone, so I suggest you get one. Here are my three best strategies:
1. Provide some evidence to your parents that phones are used as educational tools and that you are missing out because everyone- except this one kid that fails every test, has one. They might think you need one, but probably not.
2. Mention to everyone in your extended family that you don`t have a phone, and that you are allowed one, but just don`t have any money. If they upgrade, you would appreciate their old phone and would be happy to pay for it (if they make you pay for it, tell them they are no longer consdiered a member of your family).
3. Tell your parents you really want a phone, and that it would be useful for school, but you understand that it is not necessary, not cheap, but you really want one because it is hard to stay in touch with your friends, and you feel a bit left out because they communicate with each other but not you outside of school. Negotiate to "pay" for the phone through chores, and academic performance- also, requesting it as a birthday present helps. Find a used phone which you like, and that should reduce the price by about 50%.

So, something like this: I would really like a phone because... bla bla bla. Can I get one for my birthday? (that is your starting point). If they don`t want to pay the monthly bills then offer to do chores or a part-time job to pay/compensate them.

If all else fails, steal one from a black person. It is like in the movie, "pay it forward", but in reverse. ( That was a joke)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Nuru - 04-28-2014, 05:15 PM
[] - Blah Blah Blah - 04-28-2014, 05:21 PM
[] - Nick Gillotti - 04-28-2014, 05:27 PM
[] - autumn - 04-28-2014, 05:37 PM
[] - Dina B - 04-28-2014, 05:40 PM
[] - chubbyshape955 - 04-28-2014 05:45 PM
[] - Tayla - 04-28-2014, 05:46 PM