This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I be offended by someone's ignorance about my OCD?
04-28-2014, 05:49 PM

The main gist of my answer is that you absolutely should not give him your address, and really it would be best for you to cut contact with him immediately. You might be happy that he did not seem judgmental of you having OCD, but his behavior is not sweet or supportive either. He really seems like a stalker, and he is not really listening to anything you have to say or willing to listen. He just wants to meet you, whether you want to meet or not.

Honestly, as for the comments about the OCD, I wouldn't really hold it against him. I know it's hard to hear something like that, and it is very ignorant, but you probably understand, being Indian yourself, that this is not a culture where mental illness is really understood. You say yourself that this guy had to Google OCD to even have any idea what it was, when most Americans have at least a vague idea of what OCD is from pop-culture references. He just doesn't understand.

But at the same time, I would say that the fact that you're offended and disturbed by his comments means that you should know, even more than before, that this is not the right guy for you. You posted about this guy earlier this week, how he was constantly contacting you and would not seem to take the hint that you are not interested. Now, he's not only overbearing and clueless, but he's incredibly ignorant about something that has actually had quite a big effect on your life. So really, whether his intentions are good or bad, it's just not a good fit.

I would just tell him that you met someone else and you can't talk to him anymore. You are obviously not interested in him, and it is okay to say that. You seem to be so concerned about being nice, but do you really want to end up in a serious relationship with someone like this? You might think if you go on one date and don't like him, then that'll be it, but it will just get worse with time, and it will be harder to get rid of him the longer you spend talking to him. Just stop wasting your time with him so you can find someone else. If you clearly tell him you are not interested in him and he still won't leave you alone, contact the police.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Amazingball362 - 04-28-2014, 05:24 PM
[] - Pearl L - 04-28-2014, 05:27 PM
[] - Schuyler - 04-28-2014, 05:35 PM
[] - LolaCorolla - 04-28-2014, 05:45 PM
[] - Bianca - 04-28-2014 05:49 PM
[] - LadyMarissa - 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM
[] - Common Sense - 04-28-2014, 05:58 PM
[] - Dr. Drakken - 04-28-2014, 06:08 PM