This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When does a celebrity obsession become unhealthy?
04-28-2014, 06:06 PM
When does a celebrity obsession become unhealthy?
Okay, so I'm a happily married woman in my late 30's, and I've become absolutely obsessed with a certain late-night TV comedian. I know there's nothing wrong with having a crush on a celebrity, even if you and the celebrity are both married, but sometimes I wonder if my fascination with this particular star has crossed from simply being a fan to being obsessed with him to the degree that it is unhealthy.

I still love my husband, and I would never sleep with this celebrity even if I had the chance. As wonderful as this celebrity is, it's not worth ruining my marriage or his. Still, I find myself thinking about him quite often, even when I shouldn't be. Not only do I watch his show every night that it's on TV, but I also spend lots of time watching YouTube videos of him and reading articles about him. I have even made friends on social media who are also obsessed with this celebrity, and I spend lots of time chatting with them about him. Sometimes we talk about other things as well; it's not limited to him.

I am also an author, and my dream is to be on his show to promote my book. I wrote to him several times but I never heard back and I was really disappointed, but I understand that life must go on. Still, I feel that I waste too much time fangirling about him and I wonder if it's weird for a married woman of my age to be obsessed with a celebrity to the level that I am.

So is my obsession with him normal or unhealthy?
As I mentioned, he is a comedian, and one of the reasons why I love him is because he makes me laugh, which improves my overall mood and makes me a happier person.
Not that it matters, but just in case you're curious, he is Stephen Colbert.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
When does a celebrity obsession become unhealthy? - K.V. Lady - 04-28-2014 06:06 PM
[] - Anonymous - 04-28-2014, 06:08 PM
[] - Keith_Moons_Butt - 04-28-2014, 06:12 PM