This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I accidentally uninstalled Atheros Client Installation 7, and now I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly.?
04-28-2014, 07:31 PM
I accidentally uninstalled Atheros Client Installation 7, and now I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly.?
So I uninstalled this program called Atheros Client Installation 7.0.

I realized that this controlled my wireless connection, and that I had made a huge mistake, so I manually connected my laptop to the internet with a cord.

After searching for a solution, it was obvious that I could either system restore or install it again. I do not want to do a system restore.

My second problem is that in order to reinstall it, I need to know which Atheros to install. There are hundreds of versions, and since I do not know my previous version I have no clue what to install. There are no clear cut Atheros models for my computer, and when I do try to download atheros from the unofficial atheros website, there is no option to install: only a useless file with information and stuff.

I did try to go to the device manager and "simply" reinstall it, but that did not work because the computer couldn;t find the driver, so I have to assume that I must reinstall this.

My computer is an Acer aspire, windows 7, 7551-7422. I'm not very good with computers, so please try to do a step by step and not assume I know where things are.
EDIT: When you give me a link to the necessary atheros, can you tell me how to install it? Once I open up the file with winrar there is no file that lets you begin downloading, nor is there a wizard or anything.
Again, I downloaded multiple atheros's that might help, but I need explanation on how to install them once theyre downloaded.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I accidentally uninstalled Atheros Client Installation 7, and now I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly.? - Amateurscarecrow752 - 04-28-2014 07:31 PM
[] - Savy Bones - 04-28-2014, 07:35 PM
[] - Joe - 04-28-2014, 07:42 PM
[] - screechingsummer994 - 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM