This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my dad being taken advantage of?
04-28-2014, 08:21 PM

I would say yes. The guy does get to charge what he would like and he will even charge for the phone calls since it is his time, and he most like charges per hour.

I use Chrome and he found it is a very good browser. I have found personal that i have more problem with Mircosoft internet explorer then other browser i have used. I would say that most of the problem is from people just opening up attachments that give them the problems.

The best solution would be to educate the people with the e-mail about what to open and what to not open. If they are really get that much spam mail then it should like they email server they are using has no spam filter. They need to get a e-mail serer that has a good spam filter and that will cut down on the spam they get.

you might suggest they get an anti-virus program that scans incoming email on each of their machines.

We use outlook since it comes with the the Microsoft office we have. and Norton anitvirus to scan the e-mails. Why not ask why they are not using outlook instead of thunderbird. since they are both e-mail clients that go to a outside server to get the e-mails. I'm assuming that the it guy has not set up an e-mail server on site.

I hope this helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Novazer0 - 04-28-2014 08:21 PM
[] - Ed G - 04-28-2014, 08:26 PM
[] - tallafternoon146 - 04-28-2014, 08:33 PM