This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
firefox tweaking out please help.?
04-28-2014, 08:36 PM

The same thing happens on my mother's computer. She is running Windows Vista on an old Dell Tower computer. It's not a bad computer. But it's doing the same things you are talking about. My suggestion would be for you to download a different browser. I think the best one to try would be Google Chrome. It has most of the latest features. I think what is happening with your computer is that there a lot of different companies that are targeting anyone who clicks on them. Then you get ads that pop up all the time. Over time you end up with 30 ads popping every time you try to do something. On my mother's computer, she is just using Internet Explorer. But she is getting the same thing. You can try clearing out cookies and see if that helps. It might help with some of it. I don't have any of that on my Mac. And I'm not that knowledgeable about Windows. You might try something like Norton Utilities to clean out what is happening. That will cost you about $90.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Aaron - 04-28-2014, 08:29 PM
[] - Thomas - 04-28-2014 08:36 PM
[] - Ron A - 04-28-2014, 08:37 PM
[] - Chris R - 04-28-2014, 08:40 PM