This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi There. I have a question about search engine indexing/marketing of one's website. If I ...?
04-30-2014, 06:02 AM

It's always better to have your own domain name from an SEO standpoint. You can get one for around US$10 or less, so if you're serious about your site, that's a cheap but worthwhile investment. Personally, I use and recommend NameCheap for domain names. I've included a link below.

But to more directly answer your question, registering the site with the search engines has become almost unnecessary. It can't hurt, but it's not as important as it once was. Just post some links to the site on various places (social media, business directories, etc.) and the search engine spiders will follow those links and find your site.

The problem from an SEO standpoint is that since you're on a subdomain, you're going to have a lot harder time getting found in search results because the main site is more likely to get that ranking. The search engines try not to show duplicate content. But if you've got your own unique content, that can still rank well, assuming that other things are done properly.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - wright_david1 - 04-30-2014 06:02 AM
[] - Fouad - 04-30-2014, 06:05 AM
[] - Hal Smith - 04-30-2014, 06:08 AM
[] - Kyle - 04-30-2014, 06:14 AM