This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not putting 'in a relationship' in your FB status?
05-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Not putting 'in a relationship' in your FB status?
Alright, so I know this won't seem like a big deal to most, but I've been dating this guy for a while now, and at first I was glad we didn't put 'in a relationship' on FB, because the last thing I wanted to do was to be in a relationship then break up a week later. Anyway, we've been dating for ... a long while now (as in, few months). I've asked him twice to put us in a relationship on FB, and he out-right refuses.He doesn't use FB barely at all, no posts (unless it's from someone else, and even then that's rare). He uses FB messenger though. His excuse was that he doesn't feel the need to plaster it all over the internet to have people possibly bitch about our relationship and drive us away from one another. He also said our parents never had to use FB to make their relationship known, so why should we? Well, I said they never played Video Games 24/7, use the internet all day every day, and lived in the same town so they seen each other all the time! Yet we live 20 minutes apart by vehicle (and I'm the only one that drives, of course), never do anything in public at all (only time we meet up randomly is after work, and that's for sex). Whenever he's over, all we do is play video games, and I feel more like a best friend than a lover. I feel like he's keeping me a secret. If he truly loved me like he says he does, wouldn't he want to show it to everyone? Social networks are a norm nowadays, it's how people get to know others 'dirty laundry', so to speak. Sometimes it could be for a good thing, like this. I'm not necessarily sure what to think tbh. The only girl he ever talks to is his ride to work, and they text all the time (He says she's married but ... I doubt a married girl would text as often as she textes him. He even pauses video games or checks her messages during sex). I don't know if what he's saying is correct or not. Am I over-reacting to something that isn't there? Or do I have every right to feel the way I do? ...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Not putting 'in a relationship' in your FB status? - 779 - 05-02-2014 07:40 AM
[] - ☮ Kristen ☮ - 05-02-2014, 07:55 AM
[] - MARCUS - 05-02-2014, 07:58 AM
[] - Antonio Ramirez - 05-02-2014, 07:59 AM
[] - Me - 05-02-2014, 08:01 AM
[] - MysteryGal - 05-02-2014, 08:13 AM
[] - John - 05-02-2014, 08:23 AM
[] - Destinee Reines - 05-02-2014, 08:25 AM