This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I cut off inlaws?
05-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Should I cut off inlaws?
My 3 sister inlaws and mil have been trouble since my engagement. It's 4 years later and they are still causing problems. We have a baby and they are continually getting mad because we won't change her nap and bedtime schedule to go to family functions. My husband and I have asked them to work around them (nap is 1-3 and bedtime routine is 6-7 then she's in bed) but they won't. We keep getting nasty texts about how I take too long breastfeeding when we do go over, how it's wrong that I bring the baby downstairs away from the adults to play with her younger cousins, one has even texted saying we need to rethink a babysitter even though she doesn't know her and hasn't met her. I put a post on facebook asking for advice because my baby wouldn't sleep and my mil interpreted that post as me calling her a bad mother because I didn't ask her advice and she proceded to tell another person that's what I meant by the post. My mil came over to try to work things out and instead it was a huge argument with lots of yelling for four hours where she insulted me in front of our baby multiple times and when she wasn't getting her way (my husband was standing up for me), she threatened suicide. I can't take anymore of this emotional abuse. They keep talking about me amongst themselves, making up lies about me and even telling other people outside the immediate family horrible things about me that are untrue. I want to cut them out of my life completely now. Is it wrong to cut them off?
Ps: I told my husband he can go see them as much as he wants to, I just don't want to attend any function where they will be present. I also don't want my daughter around them unless my husband is present and it is in our home. I'm willing to even leave when they come over. In the past it's been the same thing. They twist anything I do or say into something totally wrong. Have you cut off your inlaws? How did it work if you did? Same thing happened during the planning of our wedding and Igave in
MIL = mother in law
My husband stood by me until his mom threatened suicide. He's currently not talking to them but I have a feeling it's not going to last for long. He's already planning on going to get his sister a birthday gift so there goes that. I really really don't want him to stop communicating or being with his family at all though, but I would like him to support the fact that I don't want me or my daughter around them

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should I cut off inlaws? - D - 05-04-2014 05:57 PM
[] - swbarnes2 - 05-04-2014, 06:01 PM
[] - bluebell - 05-04-2014, 06:03 PM
[] - fizixx - 05-04-2014, 06:11 PM
[] - comingbacksoon - 05-04-2014, 06:24 PM
[] - Dark Lady - 05-04-2014, 06:35 PM
[] - Patricia - 05-04-2014, 06:52 PM