This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confused with SEO, keyword analysis, and Google Keyword Planner?
05-05-2014, 09:52 AM

If you are starting from scratch and trying to gain rankings for "weight loss" related terms, unless you have a HUGE marketing budget and well known product - good luck.

Weight Loss is one of the most competitive areas for SEO with an extremely high failure rate, even when you do everything perfectly.

In the weight loss arena, I doubt there are any targets that are low competition that would still yield decent enough traffic to make a full time living off of.

Google PR (Tool bar PR) is USELESS and means nothing. It is updated about once a year if that, and will probably disappear entirely. Actual PR (what the Google Algorithm is based on) is still a big part of things, but you will have no ways to view this. PR is also not how sites are sorted. That score of X / 10, plays a role and is the result of inbound links and off site factors, but not a sole means of ranking sites.

I suggest finding an SEO that specializes in this field or in super-competitive fields, but note that it will be very expensive and risky.

I have been doing SEO professionally for 11 years, and my firm does not touch sites in this niche as it is just too likely to fail.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Scott - 05-05-2014 09:52 AM
[] - Adley - 05-05-2014, 09:59 AM
[] - Jane - 05-05-2014, 10:13 AM
[] - samuel - 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM