This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I haven't added my site in google webmaster but when I google search my site first 3 results belong to...?
05-07-2014, 01:21 AM

Yeah man, that just means Google indexed your site quickly. The only time you would really want to rank for the name of your site is once you grow your brand. And no, you don't need to submit your site to Google, they already found it. But it wouldn't hurt to take ownership of the site in Google Webmaster Tools.

Additionally, you might want to think about adding a Google Plus account and Google Authorship to your site. Google is giving top results for a lot of my sites just for taking ownership of them. They like that I'm not hiding and am proud of the content I'm putting out there.

And if you haven't already, the Google keyword tool is a great place to start to find keywords that would have great commercial intent, meaning you can make money from your site with those keywords.

You don't need to pay for expensive keyword tools to get a general understanding of what you should or shouldn't go after in terms of SEO.

SEO isn't free by the way. You either pay for it, or it takes your own time to do it. So you still pay for it. However, it is really sweet when you start getting that organic search engine traffic. When you get the hang of it, you'll be falling over in your chair a few more times when you get that coveted #1 spot. But be careful, there are a lot of swindlers out there that are just after your money for HORRIBLE products. Fair warning.

That being said, having a good knowledge what makes a keyword good and what makes a keyword bad is pretty important when searching through the Google Keyword tool. You gotta take into consideration the search volume, the competition, and the commercial intent.

It is an art my friend. But once you get good at it, you will be able to go after some pretty awesome keywords that will take your site over the top. There is free training all over the internet for it, but don't go giving away your email address for it unless you want to be spammed to death by offers of the latest and greatest SEO software program for top page rankings...

Hope this helps you out and good luck with your site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Tommy - 05-07-2014, 12:57 AM
[] - Jake - 05-07-2014, 01:09 AM
[] - Jack - 05-07-2014 01:21 AM
[] - Daina - 05-07-2014, 01:31 AM