This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't think I can be a scientist?
05-09-2014, 05:58 AM

Hi:

1) to be a scientist you need 2 things - curiousty and a willingness to learn.

Which you got in spades. You can be anything you want to be.
And you are willing to teach your self. So pal , welcome you are already a scientist.

Some facts

One time in the 1930 a student told his teacher that x-ray where at a wavelength
Small enough that they interacted with atoms of substances that they gave specific patterns for any given substance that you could indentfy a substance by it. Quess what the treacher did - told the student he was nuts and threw his manuscript in the trash. The student later recovered it. Took to a famous scientist who published it and the student got a Nobel prize for it

In 2010 a arabic student wrote a mathematical proof solving one of the supposely unsolved theorem in math . Told his teacher about it. The teacher thought I was impossible for him to do that. But to humor him he sent it to the university of Sweden for higher mathematics- quess what happened after reviewing it 5 times the said he solved it. He even got a Nobel metal for it.

There are countless examples. So Don't give up. Instead Go for it.

Remember: If you got to jump off a cliff. Why not shoot for flying off it..

All scientists are weird. Because they see the way the world really works and can see and do the impossible.

I hope this helps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I don't think I can be a scientist? - Pal - 05-09-2014, 05:17 AM
[] - conway - 05-09-2014, 05:23 AM
[] - Eagle - 05-09-2014, 05:32 AM
[] - Allison - 05-09-2014, 05:45 AM
[] - Eric - 05-09-2014 05:58 AM