This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on Facebook?
10-16-2012, 12:48 AM

omg do NOT get me started...oh wait....i already have (btw i am not on it and never will be)

First of all i totally agree with your opinon of it and would like to add mine, from what i see:
It is a nasty, addictive, insidious, wasteful, ugly thing designed for nothing but a-self-promotion b-exposing yourself and others and c-the worst drama on the planet. I have lost "friends" because I won't get on it. I think its the devil, to put it bluntly. Tons of people i know use it just to spy on half the planet and then turn around to criticize and ridicule them behind their backs. It gives everyone the idea that everyone is into you, its perfect for the self-absorbed. The ability to post pictures is half the problem, ugh, its just wrong. Its a private person's absolute nightmare. It gives anyone you "friend" (ha thanks to this thing that word is probably a cuss word now) the ability to completely verbally obliterate you from behind an impenetrable electronic wall, perfect for cowards, pot-stirrers, loose canons, attention-whores, and people living in ivory towers who love to tell others how to live. I have seen family members stop speaking to each other over it. I have seen people abused, bullied, extorted, blackmailed, denigrated, ridiculed, and ruined because of it. I have seen marriages get in horrific fights over it. I have seen people ruined at work over it. WHY would anyone make something that makes it possible for anyone in your past to find and flay you? Its nothing more than a self-imposed torture device! Why don't people just get naked and stand on a platform and yell "hurt me in any way you like"? Same thing. Its the one of the top three things on the net that I would destroy TODAY if I could.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Francis - 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
[] - Aaron Mcclelland - 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
[] - Suziebee - 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
[] - MiR - 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
[] - maverick_0121 - 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
[] - Mary Smith - 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
[] - Intellectualarmy076 - 10-16-2012 12:48 AM
[] - Daniel Tremblay - 10-16-2012, 12:48 AM