This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I stop talking to everyone?
05-13-2014, 08:15 AM

Hi there, There are many of us out there my dear, so first know you are not alone.. I would suggest that because this is such a personal thing that instead of talking about it (if you do) on facebook that you contact your doctor who would then set you up with personal counselling that would benefit your personal needs.. There are many people who do not know what to say or do when one first tells them of such horrific experiences so yes they will shy away from this for whatever their personal reason may be..It is a great deal for us to carry this around so we certainly cannot expect others to carry this either..Those who really care about you and love you will of course support you and also recommend you seek personal help..You need not stop talking to everyone for now, accept a close friend or family member and just talk about other things if you can at this time and if not then deal with this issue first and then come back healthier and with a better outlook on life...Many of us have come through the same or similar issues, and we now refer to ourselves as Survivors..We do not allow ourselves to be called victims any longer, nor do we go around acting like one..Once we have healed physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually we can/will see everything in a much more positive light, but remember this takes time, for some even months to recover, but recover we do and so will you if you do what is best for your recovery first. What happened to you is life changing, it has hurt you to the deepest core of you, but remember now you have already come through the worst, and you survivored..Give the perpetrator no more of your thoughts or your time..They don't deserve another minute of any part of you. It is time to move on as a survivor and you can/will begin to do this when you begin to disclose what happened to you with a professional..This is the beginning of your heaing..There are many of us around and there are groups especially for those who have been abused in a various manner..Seek a group out that will benefit your personal needs and this too will help in your recovery I believe..It helped me a great a great deal, but what helped even more was journaling..Do take much care and all the best to you..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Nikki - 05-13-2014, 07:26 AM
[] - Tina - 05-13-2014, 07:32 AM
[] - Colin - 05-13-2014, 07:48 AM
[] - Mindy - 05-13-2014, 07:54 AM
[] - tamika - 05-13-2014, 08:00 AM
[] - Betty - 05-13-2014 08:15 AM
[] - RioTFoX - 05-13-2014, 08:21 AM
[] - Wendy S - 05-13-2014, 08:25 AM