This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm arguing with my friends, who is right? Help ASAP will be appreciated.?
05-17-2014, 01:08 AM

Self harming is and can become a very selfish condition leading friends and family into becoming codependent and feeling as stuck and as down and dark as the person who is self harming has become. You have taken the first step to getting them well as well and your self. When you break cycle it doesn't feel good to the people who are not wanting to change the cycle that are in it with you but by doing what you did you pretty much force them to make a change and stop repeating the same harmful patterns over and over, which is dragging their friend (you) down into their darkness too. If they were mature, good friends and really not wanting attention ( which your correct many cutters love attention although they refuse to admit it.) they would be seeking help by a real professional and not on a friend who clearly states that the pressure is overwhelming them although they love them and care bout them. The red flag was clearly when they got angry for you taking care of yourself. Misery loves company. Good friends love good friends to be healthy no matter what. So even though you wrote the question, I think you are a good enough friend and healthy enough person to know your taking the right path for all involved, or soon you'd be cutting with them. Lord knows that isn't the answer, is it? You could send them some numbers of the local mental health crisis line, it is confidential and they can call 24/ hours 7 days a week and if they want help they can accept it or just talk. Gets you off the hook. Your a friend not a crisis line. God Bless sweetie. Maybe you need to get into a activity or hobby that helps you feel good about yourself and meet new people. Been there and experienced the whole thing and I know it works. It's ok to keep the old friends but also make new ones too to carry you through when you need a shoulder to lean on or someone to share n activity with outside of depressing subjects. Your going through a time in your life when your need as many friends (good ones) s you can get and least supportive ones to not be around as much. It time to make a foundation for the future of friends and activities and hobbies. Spring is coming and each city has a website with classes to look into art, painting, sports, career training, yoga, hip hop, crafts, jewelry making ect. what ever is your interest they have it. Go do what you enjoy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - poo - 05-17-2014, 12:10 AM
[] - Kaity - 05-17-2014, 12:19 AM
[] - gravity45412 - 05-17-2014, 12:35 AM
[] - stephanie - 05-17-2014, 12:44 AM
[] - Sarah - 05-17-2014, 12:57 AM
[] - i like food - 05-17-2014, 01:07 AM
[] - Sheralyn L - 05-17-2014 01:08 AM