This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any one expert with routers/modems please help ?
05-19-2014, 10:16 AM

i'm not super familiar with the airport extreme, but as i understand it, i'ts a router too.

Connect the linksys router to a "lan" port on the airport extreme. the "internet or wan" port of airport extreme is not used in this scenario.

On the airport extreme disable DHCP.

edit - essentially what you are doing is configuring the airport extreme to function as an access point only. Both the linksys and airport extreme are router/switch/access point combo devices. Your network only needs one router.

On the linksys router, the DHCP address table should, by default, be setup something like 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.29 are unused addresses and the first IP address the router will provide is 192.168.1.30. On the airport extreme configure it to have a static IP address that is from the unused address space, i.e. 192.168.1.2.

Power everything off, power everything back up starting the modem, then the linksys, then the airport. Give it a couple minutes between powering each one up for the previous device to complete it's boot process. Once the network is up, then start powering up your devices.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Fester Frump - 05-19-2014 10:16 AM
[] - GTB - 05-19-2014, 10:30 AM