This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP & SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
05-20-2014, 02:37 AM

Wow - you remind me of myself when I interviewed for my first SEO job. I started studying on Friday for an interview on Monday.

The truth is that everybody knows there is no degree in SEO. You can not major in it in college or even really take a class on it, it is simply too new and changes too often. What an SEO company looks for is a quick learner who loves to learn. SEO changes overnight (in fact, just yesterday Google changed their algorithm in what is being known as the "farmer update" which is impacting about 12% of all search results). If you don't change with SEO you get left behind, so you need to constantly be studying. That is what they will be looking for in your interview. Not what you know, but how willing you are to learn.

One way you can show you are serious is by studying non-stop until the interview. My recommendation is to read the beginners guide to SEO at SEOmoz

http://guides.seomoz.org/beginners-guide...timization

If I had read through that I would have been much better prepared for my interview!

If you have any question feel to contact me through the contact form at http://pioneersem.com/about

Rita - you are right, SEO is VERY tough, but I stand by my assertion that it is more about what you are willing to learn and not about what you know. I myself majored in Sociology with a minor in Marriage & Family studies. I faced a huge learning curve but was willing to give it all I had and have since excelled in the field. There is nothing else I would rather be doing.

CB - my guess is that he sees something in you that you may not see. If you study SEO and find it completely dull and boring then that is a different story. But if you find it interesting, I wouldn't let your lack of current SEO knowledge get in the way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - KoolMom - 05-20-2014, 02:27 AM
[] - Tiffany Miller - 05-20-2014 02:37 AM
[] - Rita Thomas - 05-20-2014, 02:45 AM
[] - cans - 05-20-2014, 02:58 AM
[] - michaelm - 05-20-2014, 03:00 AM
[] - ren - 05-20-2014, 03:03 AM
[] - Money For blogs - 05-20-2014, 03:17 AM
[] - Ezzat Khorshed - 05-20-2014, 03:22 AM
[] - Kevin - 05-20-2014, 03:37 AM